Monday, November 09, 2009

A Different Kind of Busy.

It's probably unhealthy to compare my life with the life I led before having kids, but sometimes I just can't help myself.  Today I was thinking about how much I used to accomplish in any given day compared to what I get done nowadays.

Before I left for work, I would manage to clean one or both of the two bathrooms in our condo.  On the way to work, I often stopped at either the bank, the dry cleaners, the drugstore, or all of the above.  I would get to work with enough time to spare to log onto the internet and pay my bills.  During my lunch hour, I often grocery shopped, or ran some other errand. After the commute home, I would happily make dinner for me and hubs, and enjoy a nice evening together.

How does that compare to my current life?

1.  Forget about the bathrooms for one thing.  We do have a cleaning lady, but we did back at the condo too.  The days of pre-cleaning for the cleaning lady are officially done.  

2.  I almost never make my way to the bank anymore, and often find myself fishing for change in random places just so I wouldn't be without any money on me.  I popped in today for the first time in ages, only to find myself in overdraft because I haven't checked in for a while. 

3.  Dry cleaning sits in my front hall until my mother can't stand it anymore and takes it herself.  (heh)

4.  Grocery shopping now happens haphazardly, as I can't get organized enough to figure out what I need for an entire week. 

5.  Making the hubs a nice dinner:   hahahahahahahahahahaha

The funny thing is, I feel way less busy than I used to be.  Yeah, I'm wrangling kids, but there is a lot of down time during the day.  Perhaps this is just my slow decline.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Oh I will soon be in the same situation. I keep deluding myself that I will redo the bathroom and totally reorg the house while I am on leave... ya, I dream big.