Why Being Pregnant and Having a Cold at the Same Time is a Drag
1. My favourite remedies are not pregnancy-approved
2. I don't feel I can take any of the pregnancy-approved cold remedies because of fears that ten years from now, those remedies may no longer be considered safe. I don't want to be one of the cases that goes on to prove this.
3. With bladder control being compromised by the actual pregnancy, all the coughing and sneezing is making things a real challenge
4. Much desired hot drinks such as tea are problematic. The good ones have caffeine, which is a no-no in large doses. The herbal ones can all be found to be possibly problematic during pregnancy if you search the internet long enough. Everything else has "scary" chemicals or too much sugar. Coffee just plain grosses me out while pregnant.
5. People seem to roll their eyes at me for what appears to be paranoia.
6. If the un-medicated cold itself doesn't keep me awake in bed, the discomfort of having a distended belly will take over the job
7. There is no way I can be alert or lucid enough to come up with thirteen of these things. This is a half-assed Thursday Thirteen. Sorry.