Saturday, March 08, 2008

Evening Recap

This is day six of the obligatory pregnancy cold (I don't know anyone who hasn't gotten one while pregnant), and I think I'm finally starting to improve. I just had a lobster and crab soup from the Red Tomato, which seems to have made all the difference. We were crazy enough to venture out in this storm as we wanted to check out Toronto's Art Expo down at the convention centre. We decided to take the subway just to be safe, which was probably better than trying to drive in this weather. The show was ok, but it was really difficult to appreciate anything when there was so much to see in so little time. We just gathered business cards and will probably check out the artist's web sites on our own time. Making our way to the restaurant afterwards was crazy in terms of the wind and cold that we had to battle for all of ten minutes, but it was all worth it for the soup. Anyhow, we made it home in one piece, and have the next 12 hours to ourselves. Pumpkin is staying at my mom's tonight, so we can whoop it up for a while. Shit. Daylight savings. We have the next 11 hours to ourselves, which isn't as good as twelve, but still worth something. As much as I'd love to tell you that we have romantic plans, I think a sinus rinse and maybe 9 hours of sleep are higher on the agenda. G'night all.

No comments: