Thursday, August 16, 2007

Self Indulgence

So today was a pretty good day for me. It began with a shopping trip to buy "Mister Right" in-a-bottle. Yes, this product is available, although may be disappointing to some when they find out that it is just a hair product. Incidentally, if you have curly hair and are having a difficult time with it like I did for, oh, 30 years or so, this product line is amazing. I managed to lose the Roseanne Roseannadanna-look in favour of something, well, nicer. I'm not trying to sell anything - I'm just hoping to spread a little happiness in the curly hair world. Anyhow, while I was mid-town, I finally managed to remember the gift certificates that I've been carrying around for the past five years for Sporting Life. I probably wouldn't have remembered them if it weren't for my revealing the contents of my purse the other day, when stumbled upon these certificates for the umpteenth time. They went towards a casual, linen jacket that fits me the way that Stacey and Clinton would want it to.

Later in the day, I left Pumpkin with my mom and went for a physio-therapy appointment, which I am starting to prefer to an actual massage. I've had issues in my neck and arms since Pumpkin came along, and I always get relief for this when I go to physio. I especially enjoy having electrodes attached to my neck, forcing my head to jerk around involuntarily for a good 10 minutes. I'm not kidding. I really like it.

When I got home from physio, my husband called to say that he was going out with "the boys", so he wouldn't be home for dinner. This is a dangerous thing to happen to me. The pressure to prepare a decent meal is not there when I'm eating by myself. Pumpkin eats stuff that I wouldn't eat, and vice versa, so it's not like I have to consider her when it comes to feeding myself. That led me to the white cupcakes, iced with canned vanilla icing, that I made the other day. I LOVE crappy, white cake. Don't feed me anything fancy for dessert - just refined sugar and flour please! I don't normally keep these in the house, but I had a visit with a good friend of mine yesterday, and crappy, white cake is just the thing we like to bond over. I decide that I really need to eat something more nutritious, so I simply had a spoon of the left-over icing, then prepared a plate of fruit and cottage cheese. I thought of having another spoon of icing for dessert, then thought better of it and had an actual cupcake - followed by another spoon of icing. Yup, it's been a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, now I'm craving cupcakes and plain white icing, too. I'm like you, I like my desserts simple... and occasionally before or as the meal!