Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cheating

Psssst. Yeah, it's me. I'm cheating on my resignation from blogging. I'm feeling a little motivated to write again, although I don't have anything particular in mind at this present moment. I guess I could yammer about my new career as a SAHM, and tell you that I am soooooooooooooooooo happy with my decision to leave my job to spend all my time with my two-year-old daughter. It's a lot different than when I was on maternity leave with a newborn. Now when I go to a play-group or something of the sorts, I am not in it for my own socialization and sanity. Everything I do is for Pumpkin, and I'm not "out there" trying to pick up moms anymore. I even re-joined a music group that I used to belong to, where most of the moms there are ultra religious. (I am not) They are not likely to become my best friends or anything, but Pumpkin really likes that class. Some of my SAHM friends are putting their 2-year-olds in pre-school starting September, just to give themselves a break for a few mornings a week. Not me. I'm hanging on to mine to make up for the past year where I was Pumpkin-deprived three days a week. It really didn't sound like a lot, you know, working three days a week, but when it was coupled with giving up time with my daughter, it became unbearable. It has been a month since I left my job, and I am finding more and more joy in that decision every time I get up in the morning. This is the happiest I have been since, well, I can't remember. Life is good. Life is grand. Sorry if I'm making you ill with this syrup, but I'm in a syrupy-kind-of-mood.

1 comment:

karengreeners said...

Welcome back! Glad you're enjoying your time at home.