Sunday, November 11, 2007

Vestiges of a Childhood Fear

I am back, and on high-speed internet again, so regular bloggy activities will resume immediately. I missed reading y'all this week-end, but it was good to get away and occupy a spot on my friends couch for 48 hours or so. The drive was a bit of a snooze, but it's worth it to socialize Pumpkin and myself with some good friends. Thanks again, L.

I'm pretty tired from all that driving, so an insightful post is not likely, but I will leave you with a tidbit of information about me: I am frightened of the Zamboni. When I was three or so, my parents occasionally took me to the skating rink, where I did not reveal any special talents. At the end of the skate session, the buzzer would loudly go off, and I knew that if I didn't get off the rink ASAP, the big bad Zamboni would run me over and turn me into minced meat. It wouldn't have been so bad if I could actually skate, but all I could do was attempt to run, and fall, countless times, until I could finally scamper off the ice. I blame my brother. I don't know why, but somehow I think he had a hand in this fear. Minced meat? I couldn't have come up with that on my own.

4 comments:

motherbumper said...

oh yes, it was definitely somebody screwin' with you. My cousin told me that how he got all his freckles was from rubbing up against tiger lilies. My grandmums yard was full of them - I'm covered in freckles and I didn't want more! Still have problems with tiger lilies to this day.

Don Mills Diva said...

I am sure I saw a horror movie once that involved someone being murdered by a zamboni driver. For real!

Kellan said...

This was the cutest little frighteningly funny story! Let it go ... see ya.

b*babbler said...

Yup... I'm thinking that there was definitely a brotherly influence on that particular fear.

And like DMDiva, I'm pretty sure I remember a movie where someone was killed by a Zamboni. Not to add to your fear or anything...