Thursday, November 15, 2007

Memememememe!

I've been meme'd up the wazoo! Both Don Mills Diva and Motherbumper tagged me today, so I'll start with Motherbumper's as it involves less thinking. I'll tackle the Diva's within the next few days, so be sure to stay tuned!

Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Things you just couldn't live without knowing:

1. I feel empathy for inanimate objects. Like if I'm eating a bunch of grapes and one falls on the ground and has to be tossed out, I feel bad that it never had the full experience of being a grape. Don't you think it spent it's whole life waiting to be eaten? I am only talking about the grape here!

2. Hubby and I once rode our bicycles from Vancouver to Calgary on an 11-day trip. It was one of the best things I've ever done, and I would never do it again. I've actually written an essay about this, so if I run out of steam before the end of November, you may get to read it.

3. I always cry whenever I hear this verse from, "Puff the Magic Dragon".

A dragon lives forever but not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, jackie paper came no more
And puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

4. I am actually now choked up after cutting and pasting that

5. I am a little bit attracted to Catherine Zeta-Jones, but only in the movie, Chicago

6. I am hearing impaired. My hearing hasn't changed over the years according to the tests, but I cannot cope without my hearing aids, even though I managed quite well without any assistance until I was 16.
7. I regret that I never tried 'shrooms, and now it's too late. I'm an adult now....
There ya have it, 7 random things. This meme has been around the block a few times now, so I'm probably tagging people who have already done it, but nonetheless, I tag: Whopping Cornbread, and Mimilou. No, I'm not tagging seven. We are now half-way through November and I'm becoming jaded.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thanks for the tag!

A bike trip from Vancouver to Calgary? Seriously? Wow. I'd love to read your essay about it.

Nora said...

Oooh! A tag, how exciting! Thank you (and great list, by the way).

Anonymous said...

Laughing at number 7. Me too, plus I love any post that invokes TPOH! And #3 -- I'll be humming that infernal song all day now!!

Anonymous said...

I apologize to bugs when I kill them.

b*babbler said...

I love Puff the Magic Dragon. Did you know that there's a beautiful picture book of it out now, with a CD of the song in the back?

ms blue said...

Biking from Vancouver to Calgary is seriously impressive.

I have to admit that I've been known to give empathy to inanimate objects.

motherbumper said...

I arrange Bumper's stuffed animals so they can all breathe, see, and get equal loving. Except the mean ones.

I'm so with you on #1. And #7? Dude... *shakes head* dude, you don't know what you missed - not that I can remember enough to tell you.