Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Glad I Skipped the Funnel Cake

I always knew that getting older meant the demise of many physical attributes. I knew that I would get wrinkles, I knew that I would have less energy, and I knew that gravity would take hold. What I didn't know was that getting older meant that I would be more likely to throw up on carnival rides.

That into was a little misleading because I didn't actually throw up on a ride, but I came a lot closer than I ever used to. Today I took Pumpkin to Fantasy Fair at Woodbine Center, which is something I've been planning to do for two years now. Upon arrival, I was completely impressed. It really looked like a fair with full size rides, games, and funnel cake. The carnies had teeth though, and the smell was more mall-like than the typical amusement park, which I guess is an improvement.

I had to go on several rides with Pumpkin, many of which spun us around in circles as rides are prone to do. With each successive revolution, I felt worse and worse, as nausea threatened to claim my dignity.

THIS IS NOT HOW IT USED TO BE!!!! I once had an iron stomach and a need for speed. Now all I have is an intense desire for Gravol.

So what's next to go?

5 comments:

Chantal said...

I totally agree, my stomach of steel has degraded over the years. I miss it.

Anonymous said...

Do you play tennis?

Run ANC said...

Lately, I feel like everything is falling apart. In my head, though, I'm really not that old. Infantile, to be more accurate.

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Anonymous said...

Oooooh congrats on the interview recommendation!
I totally am in the same boat with feeling ill. Found out a year ago on the 'scrambler'...I wasn't right after that ride for quite a while. Now I apparently even get motion sick while watching an IMAX 3-D movie, although I'm hoping it was just that I was sitting too close to the screen (fingers crossed, cuz that would suck if it's true!). And Gravol makes me toss my cookies...I'm doomed!