Monday, April 14, 2008

Good Times

I just want to take a moment to say what a great time I had on Saturday night at a gathering of a of bloggers, as arranged by the lovely Sandra of Blog Chocolate. The venue was perfect for mixing and mingling, as I had a chance to chat with some of the folks that I had only met on-line, as well as a few that I had met once or twice before in person. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to talk to everyone at length, as there were so many of us, and as always, so little time. I gauge my good time by the fact that my back was killing me, it was getting late, yet I still didn't manage to leave early as I had planned to. You know it's a good time when one does not play one's "pregnancy card" to make a quick getaway. In addition to catching up with the few bloggers whom I have met before, I had the very cool experience of meeting more people in person after reading about them for so long. They may have appeared to be strangers at first glance, but as soon as the blog names were revealed, there was this instant recognition, and no shortage of conversation as blog posts were remembered and follow-ups inquired about. Shyness and apprehension go away pretty quickly for me at events like this. I also like that upon leaving to go home, I know that I can read up on all the new posts within the next few days, so it doesn't feel like I have to wait for the next bloggy event before I can catch up with everyone. It's a neat-o thing, this blogosphere!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great wasn't it! You looked amazing, glad we got to chat for a bit!

Gabriella

Chantal said...

That sounds like fun. Maybe someday my local bloggers will do the same.

karengreeners said...

It was definitely a great time - so glad i met you, and i don't think i told you what awesome hair you have. you have awesome hair.

Anonymous said...

So great to finally meet you. And Kgirl is SO right about your awsome hair :) I loved the chance to put a face to your words. Looking forward to the next time!

Anonymous said...

So great to finally meet you. And Kgirl is SO right about your awsome hair :) I loved the chance to put a face to your words. Looking forward to the next time!

kittenpie said...

Neat-o it is, alright.
You were so funny - saying over and over that your back hurt and you had to go, but not quite getting up to do it. I totally understand - the last two meet-ups, I've reluctantly packed it in at 1:30, not wanting to leave the awesomeness of my bloggirls.

Nora said...

What fun. We had a similar event in Seattle the other night, and it was really nice. Glad you didn't have to play that pregnancy card :-)

Anonymous said...

It was great to finally meet you on Saturday night! Hope your Passover seders aren't as bad as you fear!!