Monday, December 03, 2007

Watch the National on CBC Tonight!!!!

The National will be airing a story tonight that takes a look at how people are dealing with their holiday toy shopping in the wake of recent toy recalls. As you are probably aware, the recalled toys were pulled off the shelves due to lead content, loose magnets, and in the case of one toy, hallucinogenics! It is important for us to stay current on this issue as many of us are concerned parents who need to be aware of safety issues that affect our children. It is also a good idea to catch this particular news clip because, provided the editors are kind, you will catch an interview with me! That's right! Me! As it turns out, leaving a comment on someone else's blog is a new way of being discovered. Kas Roussy from CBC found me over at Postcards from the Mothership, and contacted me to see if I was doing anything about the recalls. When she found out that I participated in the Blog Blast that was orchestrated by the Parent Bloggers Network and the Consumer's Union, she set up the interview! I am very excited to know that there is still a push to get the message out there, and that the issue is not being swept under any rugs. The more awareness that can be raised, the safer our children will be. (It's also pretty cool that I'll be pimping my blog on national television, but that's a minor detail.)

10 comments:

Kellan said...

WOW - I don't get CBC, do I? Way to go, though! See ya.

petite gourmand said...

will check it out!

Suzanne said...

How cool is that? If your interview airs, can you post a link to it?

Gabriella said...

That's great! Will try to pry away hubs from whatever movie he's watching to see it.

Don Mills Diva said...

Oh man - I think I just missed it! Can you post the clip?

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

How exciting! I guess I already missed it though:(
It is definitely a subject I am interested in though. I am not buying toys this year. I bought my little ones a bunch of amazing dress up clothes, books, music, clothes. No toys, not even our beloved Thomas trains.

Chantal said...

I saw it. Good stuff!

b*babbler said...

Yikes! Sick and missed this.

How exciting! That's totally awesome. Go you!

Bea said...

Cool! I'm sorry I missed it.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I guess I'm a little behind on my blog reading! I'm glad you and Kas managed to connect. She was going to set me up with an interview, too, but the camera crew got snowed in. Anyway, sorry I missed it but yay for the opportunity!!

DaniGirl