Sunday, August 26, 2007

In the Dog House

On Friday, I took my dog to the groomer's. The usual groomer who I was expecting was no longer working there, so I dealt with a new girl, who I assumed had experience in the dog grooming field. My dog is a mix of something, but if I were to guess, I would say that he is part Australian Shepherd, part Collie. Those breeds have a pretty standard hair style, which is the look that we have been going with.


It has been warm lately and he has been shedding A LOT, so I asked the girl to go a little shorter so he doesn't get so hot. I even added, "but not so short that he looks stupid". I guess when it comes to these things, it is better to bring in a picture, or say exactly how much hair you want cut off. Leaving things up to interpretation may get you something you didn't quite want. She totally buzzed him! He looks like a fuzzy pit-bull with a big head. When I picked him up, I was kind of in shock, but didn't see the point in getting upset because a) I was somewhat amused, b) there will be fewer hair balls floating around my house, c) he will be cooler for the rest of the summer, and d) I've always wondered what he would look like shaved. My only concern was the reaction from my husband since his dogs are his first love, and he would see no silver lining here. (I really do believe that he loves me and Pumpkin more, but the dogs still get a good portion of his affection) I would say that upon bringing the dog home on Friday afternoon, my husband yelled at me for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in our 11 years together. He kind-of got over being angry at me, but he is still fuming and wants to give the groomer a piece of his mind. I doubt he will, but he is quite pissed. As for how the dog feels about his new look...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny.

Came here from A garden of nna mmoy, by the way.