Sunday, August 05, 2007

Broken Record

I seem to always wake up with a song stuck in my head. I've decided to record each day's song just to see if there is any sort of pattern. Earlier in the week, I woke up to "Rubber Duckie", and another day I woke up to "Mellow Yellow", and today I woke to "Always on My Mind" by the Pet Shop Boys. It seems I don't need to actually hear the song to get it stuck in my head, which means that a memory of the song is being triggered by some other event in the day. I think the Pet Shop Boys were implanted in my brain by this post, which doesn't even reference the group, but mentions other "new wave" groups of the '80s. Unfortunately, I never know the words to any songs, so I am stuck repeating one line of the chorus over and over and over and over...

No comments: