Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lost Cause

It's official. I cannot get my daughter to look at a vegetable. I am now open to all suggestions on how to hide vegetables in toddler-friendly food. Since she doesn't eat fresh fruit either, I've been giving her what my husband refers to as, "Franken-juice". It's juice that tastes mostly like fruit juice, but is made from both fruits and vegetables. President's Choice has a line of it, as does Sun-Rype. One cup of it contains 2 servings of fruits and veggies. Just this past week, I was reading that if you don't get your kids eating fruits and vegetables by age two, you are not likely to ever get them eating them. I kind of think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I am pretty sure that my daughter is destined to be like me, eating fruits and veggies as a duty, rather than a pleasure. I don't actually think that she has ever actually tried a fresh fruit or vegetable. She puts them in her mouth, looks at me as if to say, "hee hee", then flings the offending produce at one of the dogs. My dogs eat more fruits and veggies than my daughter. Bribery does not seem to be an option at this stage, but maybe by age three I'll be able to coerce her to eat something good for her. Until then, does anyone know how to stuff macaroni noodles with broccoli?

No comments: