Monday, August 27, 2007

Nothing Earth Shattering

While I sit around, anxiously awaiting someone at VH1 to upload the highlights from today's episode of Scott Baio is 45 and Single, I figured I'd recap my day. My friend who lives in Sarnia came for a visit with her 2-1/2-year-old, which is always amazing because I don't see them very often. Of my high school friends, there are only two with children, and neither of them live close by, which really sucks. My Sarnia-friend's daughter and Pumpkin play very nicely together, and at the end of play-time, they were hugging and kissing each other. I am still waiting for Pumpkin to voluntarily kiss me, but for now I will enjoy the fact that she has developed the social skills to at least kiss her friend.

At some point this morning, my dog managed to get a huge gash on his back, the kind of gash that you just know is going to cost no less than $150, but possibly more. I think my other dog is the one who gave him his injury, as she is always jumping all over him, sometimes using him as a spring-board to get to wherever she is going. I guess it's time to cut her nails. We got back from the vet just a few hours ago, a little poorer, but have 5 staples to show for it. The dog is a trooper though. It didn't impede his attempts to steal our food at all.

I got a call from the guy who is supposed to build us a new patio. He told me that he is starting tomorrow and that he will have it done by Friday. Note that nothing around here ever gets done, despite our attempts to actually pay contractors to do the work. We hired the patio guy in May, and although patio season is coming to a close, I'm still overjoyed that he is coming. It's one less thing to be annoyed about. Incidentally, last year a different contractor told me that he was going to build us a deck as a present to my husband who has been so good to him over the years. He told me that my FIL actually gave him the money to buy the wood, and that he was going to build it over the course of a week in May of 2006. I stopped waiting for him by August of last year. In the big picture, this isn't a real problem, but like I said, once it's done it will be one less thing to be annoyed about. Don't get me started on the family room reno.

No comments: